View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dad cognitive impairments, lives in Spain 

Post Dad cognitive impairments, lives in Spain
Hello everyone I'd like to introduce myself. I used to come here about 5 years ago regarding my MIL who passed away in 2009. I still miss her but she's at peace and that's important to me too.

Anyway, it looks like my Dad has dementia of some sort but as he lives in Spain it looks like it may be a while before we can (if we ever can) diagnose his symptoms.

My Mum is coping admirably with the whole situation, she's such a trooper! We cannot do much to help except let her know that we're here and will go over should she need us.

He's been prescribed Mentis and the only information I can find is as follows:

The drug brand named Mentis contains generic salt-Pirisudanol Maleate and is manufactured by Menarini.Mentis is mainly associated with symptoms and indications-The International Classification of Diseases (ICD)- N06BX08-Pirisudanol.

Generic Salts
Pirisudanol Maleate

Available types of drugs
N / A

Medical categories
Human Drug
Mild cognitive impairment, fatigue, depression treatment drugs
Vitamin B6 derivatives

Does anyone on here have any experience/knowledge of this medication please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
TomsGal

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 am

Post Re: Dad cognitive impairments, lives in Spain
Welcome, and sorry, I have never heard of it, but I'll bet there are people on this forum who know something about it. Lynn

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:07 pm

LTCVT wrote:
Welcome, and sorry, I have never heard of it, but I'll bet there are people on this forum who know something about it. Lynn

Thank you Lynn, I hope so :)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 am

Welcome to the forum! I have never heard of this either but I'm sure if you went to see a pharmacist they would be able to tell you what it was. If no one on the forum here knows about it (give it a week or so) then I would say it's not typically used for LBD (at least in North America)... Best of luck with your cross oceanic caregiving!!!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]