View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hello - first time posting 

Post Hello - first time posting
Hi All. My name is Samantha and I am 28 years old. My 67 year old FIL was recently diagnosed with LBD in April of this year. My husband and I are his only family. Up until April he was perfectly fine, working, enjoying life and friends. Then out of nowhere his symptoms started. After a nearly 2 month stay at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, the doctors came upon the LBD diagnosis. On top of the LBD symptoms he also exhibits paranoia, depression, anxiety, obsessive behavior, and at times hallucinations. He is currently living in an assisted living facility where he is being well cared for. Although, getting him there was a struggle. I am thankful for finding this group and hope to learn alot from everyone here. Thanks for listening. I look forward to participating!!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Post Re: Hello - first time posting
Welcome to the forum. I would say that the symptoms you listed are all very typical LBD that most of our LOs have/had. I hope you can take some time to read a lot of the postings on this forum and if you have questions, you'll get more responses if you find the topic area that most closely relates to your posting. You can search on key words for the topics of most interest to you.

My dad's situation was similar to your FIL's - he was living at home independently and overnight became almost totally paralyzed, unable to speak above a whisper, unable to pick himself up off the floor, and other very debilitating symptoms. He was able to work hard at regaining some mobility (for a short time), feed himself again, but he became totally incontinent overnight too and that never got better. So, I know what a shock it is to have a LO have such a huge and quick decline. This forum was invaluable to me when he was still alive.

Come back often! Lynn

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]