View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 im new on here 

Post im new on here
Hi my name is Duane I have LBD mayo clinic said I have it .iam 53 yrs old live by my self for know.iam so glade I found this site so know iam not a lone .some days I don't talk to good my legs get weak and so much more .I thank god for me finding this site .some people say im to young .

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: im new on here
Dear Duane,
Welcome and I hope this forum can give you some good advice and that it also gives you some comfort knowing you aren't alone.

Bless you !

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:43 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome Duane, and I am sorry for your diagnosis. You may want to request being able to get on the part of the forum that is for people who have LBD so you have a secure place to talk with others who have the same diagnosis. I hope you have great medical care so you get help in dealing with the symptoms. Lynn

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 am

HI Duane,
I am new as well, and just thought you may like to go to facebook, there is a gentleman with Early Onset Alzheimers, who is young as well, and has created a page that he posts things on. Very good info there as well. His name is Rick Phelps, and he has written a book, "While I still Can" I am waiting for my copy. God Bless.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi, My name is Jean and this is just my second post. i'm 66 and was diagnosed with LBD about a year ago. It took about 7 months to confirm it was LBD. My first symptom was intermittent falling down for no apparent reason, now I have at least a dozen more symptoms. Had to sell my house and move in with my son and his wife last March because I was unable to live alone and take proper care of myself. Stopped driving last year. This disease travels very fast compared to other similar neurological disorders. I've been totally stripped of any form of independence and as a former practicing Psychologist it has been very very difficult to switch roles from caretaker to being taken care of.
Just wanted to say hi and am glad that I found this site.
JJ513

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Welcome

My husband is also young... he was thrown into full-blown LBD this past April at 52 years of age.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:35 am

Welcome to the forum Jean. So sorry to hear you have to go through all this! Just to let you know there is an Early Onset Support Group you just have to request access to, to join. You just send an email to LBDA or I can get you more info if you'd like. Take Care!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]