View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hi 

Post Hi
Hi. I'm pretty new here. My brothers and I are helping mom take care of dad . He is 75 and was diagnosed with lbd about 5 years ago. I have been reading a lot of posts,and learning much. I have many questions. Which I will start asking tomorrow! Lol.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Post Re: Hi
Welcome! This is a wonderful resource and a huge help, with advice when possible and support even when there's nothing we can do to help.
Will look forward to hearing more from you.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:33 am

Dads back in hospital. Went to lawyer today to get power of attorney. Problem is dad is not trusting anyone lately. He's having lots of thoughts that mom is not mom. And my brother and I are her boy friends. Not sure how we get him to sign power of attorney papers. I know we should have done it sooner. He's in a adult behavioral unit till he gets his meds right. They are giving him more seroquel since he's been there. I think that is makin him worse. Should we tell them not to give it to him ? Does anyone else have problems with Seroquel ?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Danny,
Welcome to the forum! My suggestion for the POA would be to wait until your Dad is feeling more himself - if the back and forth happens - and then have a frank discussion with him and get him to sign then. For the seroquel, my mom took it for the hallucinations and it worked for her. Keep asking questions, you'll get lots of good advice from lots of experienced folks here.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Danny,
Sadly this is often the case where families wait to long to get these very important issues resolved, I do hope you can get your dad back to his baseline and get this done.

Good Luck !

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

Danny iam new here my name is Duane username I s uncledee.iam a 53 yr old I have LBD .iam here to be people that has the same thing I have .if u want to talk im here I have it for 2yrs

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome, Danny. I hope your dad has some lucid moments where you can get the necessary paperwork done. Come back as often as you need help, support, etc. Lynn

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]