View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Grandfather has late stage LBD 

Post Re: Grandfather has late stage LBD
Donny,
I do understand your frustration thinking his primary should have known about the LBD but sadly most doctors don't, even some of the neurologists don't unless you are lucky enough to hit upon a doctor who has some experience in the disease and know. I can tell I have been part of the LBDA for over 7 years now and I am seeing some changes for the better but as far as I am concerned not enough.The LBDA is a small organization and we are trying to get the word out and for the exact reason you have stated that people go without proper DX and often the treatment isn't there and that isn't good.
Be well !

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Grandfather has late stage LBD
danny,

i think your grandfather knew you loved him... it sounds as tho he enjoy your guys time together and especially loved the rides you both took, recently...sorry the time wasn't longer for you both.. but so happy for the quality time you did have.
cindi

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 1-14,released to memory care..

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2