View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New from New York 

Post Re: New from New York
Hi Irene,

I just read your post where you said: "I actually look back on those years and have come to a point where I can joke about it (Capgras) but I can tell you when it was happening I was half out of my mind!"

Well, I can definitely relate. Although my mom passed away last year, sometimes I think about some of the things that she said in the past and I just crack up..lol. I remember my mom was sitting in the bathroom and my sister and I were about to walk in to help her and she said.."oh no..here comes Mutt & Jeff." Of course, we had no idea who Mutt and Jeff were so I thought she just made up the names. I did a Google search and found out that there actually was a comic strip called Mutt & Jeff that was created in 1907..lol. Although there are times when I find myself laughing at some of the things she said, there are also times I just break down and cry.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Post Re: New from New York
Your loss is much more recent than mine, my husband has been gone for 7.5 yrs and I have a son who was only 13 when his Dad passed and he is the type of kid that just loves life and jokes about everything and he will often day to me do you remember blah blah and I have laugh and I do still have sad times, how I live my life alone now. Cetain things will trigger sad moments, I had a new grandson born this past Christmas day and all's I could think about was that he would never be part of this little boys life. The last Grandchild before this last one was born just before he passed and at least he was part of that childs life in some way. For me it is all the first's and believe it or not I still have many first's !

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2