View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Joining the LBD Family 

Post Joining the LBD Family
Hello - My 67 y/o father was diagnosed with LBD last November (officially) and we are just starting the process of learning how to provide care and support. I truly think that we got to it early, because the hallucinations have only just started last month. Regardless, we're nervous about the path we have in front of us, just like so many others are. My mom still lives at home, but works full time. My sister is the closest one, about 40 minutes away but my brother and I are both a ways away from my parents. Any feedback on providing support from afar, in addition to phone calls, would be much appreciated.

LBDA, thank you for offering this fantastic forum. It's wonderful to have access to people all over the world who have experience with LBD.

-Kate

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Post Re: Joining the LBD Family
Dear Kate,
Welcome to our LBDA forums in our little corner of the world, I am sorry for your need to seek us out but I am glad you found us , the support goes a long ways when we need it. As to any comments about support from a far, just be there to list when you can and if and when the time comes more help is needed maybe either finding it or pitching in $$$ would be a great help, but again I think the most important thing is listening to your mom no matter how mundane it seems, this is a tough disease to keep up with as a caregiver.

Please visit often as often as you need and if you have specific questions try and fit them to the areas that best fits them, more replies that way !

Good Luck !

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:34 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome Kate, and sorry for your need to be here. You will find lots of supportive people and great information here. Lynn

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 am

Welcome, Kate, and good luck with the challenges you will surely face.

I'm the daughter who lives 10 minutes away and helps my parents daily. I also provide the medical expertise and guidance, and coordinate all the health care. My sister lives across the country, but she is a huge help in other ways - she comes for a week every year in March and does their taxes, which saves me much grief. And she helps to manage finances, much of which can now be done on line. We keep in touch by nearly daily email. Luckily we trust each other deeply, though I think each of us faces challenges, from the drain of daily care to the worry about being far away and sort of left out.

Laurel

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]