View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New to Forum 

Post New to Forum
Hello everyone. I am excited about finding support. I am caregiver to my mother who was diagnosed with LBD in November 2010. It has been a long and hard road and I have been desperate for support as it burns out my family to continuously vent. Unfortunately mom's delusions target one of my children (actually adult child - she is 21). Nevertheless it is very hard as it seems to get worse (suspicious behavior, accuses her of theft on a regular basis and a few violent episodes). I work full time too. We constructed a place for mom (garage apt. connected to house) which has lowered the stress level in the home as we separate daughter and grandma as it isn't safe anymore. This disease is baffling as it changes so much. I truly feel empathy for those living with mental illness because I certainly am.
Dianne

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Post Re: New to Forum
A warm welcome, Dianne! So sorry Lewy has invaded your family, too, but so glad you found a place you can vent, learn and find support. God bless!

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Welcome, Dianne. Lewy definitely disrupts whole families and extended families. It can help some to see that you are not alone and that others survive these terrible heartaches.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Welcome Dianne. I'm glad you found this very supportive online community where everyone knows what you are going through. For some of us, the journeys of our LOs have ended, and there are many CGs whose LOs are in various stages of the disease(s). No one here will get burned out hearing from you - we're all in it together! Lynn

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Diane,
Welcome to the LBDA forums, sorry for the need but I am glad you found us, all of the behaviors you mention come with the illness sadly !

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]