View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 My mom is gone but not forgotten 

Post My mom is gone but not forgotten
My mom had LBD for 13yrs but was not diagnosed until 5yrs ago. Like most of you we went to many doctors looking for answers she had test for stroke/seizures - the list goes on. We finally met with a doctor who said she seems like another patient of mine that has LBD. I went to this website right away for research - help - and answers to my questions on what do we do now to make my mom better. Sadly we found out there was no cure.....but that was not going to be our mom. Everytime we were faced with another obstacle we faced it head on. We got physical/speech theraphy - medical equipment around the house to make life more independent for her. We monitored her bathroom trips checking her urine for order marked her bowel movements down to make sure she was going regular. Keep fluids going around the clock. This woman who I am proud to call my MOM was a fighter.....but one day the infection got the best of her and she didn't have the strength anymore to keep fighting even though she had the will too. What I want to tell each and everyone of you who is dealing with this disease....keep your self strong it is a disease no one should have to go through and you can make a difference in how that person spends the last years of their life......you will be greatful that you did. My mom taught me so much that I will pass along to my kids.......LOVE YOU MOM! 8)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

Post Re: My mom is gone but not forgotten
Lynette, Sorry to hear of your moms passing. We know that is the only way to escape this horrible disease. Your mom raised a wonderful caring daughter, she must be very proud. Take care of yourself.
Gerry

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:50 am

Welcome Lynette,
I thought you were already a member here but I guess I was wrong, I am sorry for your's and you families loss of your Mom. This is a family of a Father and 10 siblings that I had the pleasure of speaking with many times and it is a family that will forever stay imprinted on my heart. Thank you for coming forward at this time to tell of your family experience with caring for your Mom, I know how much you loved her and how much your loss is !

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 am
Profile WWW

Lynette - my condolences on the loss of your mom. Lynn

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]