View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 new member, with possible lewy diagnoses for hubby. 

Post Re: new member, with possible lewy diagnoses for hubby.
thanks again.. and pat i sure understand about the self doubts.. yikes loaded with those and like you went to my first alzhiemers group meeting and blubbered my way thru the whole thing...

leone.. having knowledge, for me any how, gives me some strenght.. but is scary also.. as iread thru this forumn im in tears and frightened at the same time... i have so much to learn and hopefully soon can share and be able to add encouragment to others , as you have already for me...
thank you!!

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 11-13,released to memory care..

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Cindi, I'm in Escondido (North San Diego County) You? Sher

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Cindi,
Welcome to the LBDA forums, Glad to see you have also joined the caringspouse support group, between both places you will find so much useful info and people who walk the very same path that you do.
Visit often !

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

Cindi - I'm so glad you have found the forum and have a Alz. support group too. There's nothing like being able to talk and cry with others who know just what you are going through. It is a tough road.
You were asking about fluctuating cognition - it can take a lot of forms. Before my dad got really incapacitated, I had started noticing things like his inability to solve simple problems or forgetting things like a family member's birthday (which he NEVER did before), or not being able to "get" things that had to do with numbers, time, distances, etc. Then he'd be ok for a while, but then "lose it" again. He started memorizing things like the current president and all those things that doctors ask. He'd practice the answers to expected questions, writing down the answers so he could study relatively simple facts. I knew these were all bad signs. Everyone has their own examples that could probably fill volumes!!! Take care, hope you get some good sleep tonight, Lynn

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 am

sher .. i'm a few miles from you, in bonsall.. ill pm you if i can figure out how..LOL

thanks irene.. ive been here lots today and really appreciate all of you and the help..

lynn, that sure happens here alot.. this is the man that built this house and was a workaholic a few years back. up at 5am and never sitting down for minute... always busy... today he started looking at the truck keys, as we are selling it tommorow,( since he lost his drivers lis) and he spent the entire day moving them off and on the key chain .. and taking them in the bedroom and bringing them back out. so sad... hes only 65 and this was the time we were going to enjoy our lives and travel and enjoy!! breaks my heart for him...

have a good night everyone and thank you for being here...

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 11-13,released to memory care..

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:46 am

Oh Cindi, my heart breaks for you. You are young, and this is such an awful thing to deal with. My husband's parents both died in their early 60's and he didn't want to follow in their footsteps, dying while they were still working. But, in case that was his destiny he planned all his life to retire early so he'd have time to enjoy life after a career. Luckily he was able to do that. But we have several friends like yourself, who are still young and their spouses died relatively young, so their retired lives are not what they had planned at all. My dad was lucky that for about 86 years he had a good healthy life, but now is so debilitated. My heart really goes out to you and everyone else on the forum dealing with life's unexpected hurdles. Take care, Lynn

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2