View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 newly diagnosed 

Post newly diagnosed
Looking back now, I can see when things started to seem odd to me. My husband (59 years old) was recently diagnosed, which was actually kind of a relief. Now the kids and I know what's happening and why. It's still incredibly frustrating to deal with day after day, one moment he's good - almost normal, and the next all hell breaks loose! I'm at home with him 24/7 now, I have employees to do the job, which presents it's own problems of course. I can't retire yet, so need the job and the perks that go with it. It feels like I'm walking a very high tightrope and losing my balance! My kids (4 girls, 1 boy) are great to come around and help out when they can, ( I guess we did something right as parents after all). My son and 3 yr old grandson live with us, which can either be a distraction or a problem, depending on the moment. Needless to say, I'm TIRED! And depressed, and short tempered (don't have time for my kids' petty problems any more). I suffer from Muscular Dystrophy, which makes it hard for me to function physically most days, so we're a great team! Not the way I expected to spend my golden years.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, mostly I just need to vent once in awhile. I have been following this website for some time, researching and learning and decided it was a good fit for me. Thank you for being patient with me, I promise I won't go on and on everytime I post! Take care.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Post Re: newly diagnosed
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I'm tired, too. This is a nightmare. I'm glad we have this forum to share our concerns, learn new information and support each other. God bless you and your husband! --Pat

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Dear tired, depressed, and short tempered,
Sorry you've had to join the Forum, but welcome. It sounds like you are doing the best you can.
Robin

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Never worry about the length of your post, go on as long as necessary. This is a wonderful support group, if I hadn't found this forum I would think I was crazy. I have no physical disability but I get tired of hearing myself say, "I'm so tired". Let the kids help and be sure you pay attention to your own health. This life can be a nightmare, so enjoy all the good times.
Take Care, Gerry

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 am

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll be an active member of this community. It has been a Godsend to so many, including me. Feel free to vent, ask questions, go on and on whenever you want! You'll see there are some MUCH longer posts, and no one cares how long they are. You are always welcome here. Lynn

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Bswan,
Welcome to the LBDA forums, venting is what most of do well and we welcome it, This is a community of caregivers and with that comes great advice, the ups and downs of LBD and alot of venting. Feel free to visit often learn from others and teach others as well!

We all understand your frustrations and being tired sadly it comes with the territory!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]