View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Introduction 

Post Introduction
I am in the piedmont triad area of NC and saw a post for a possible support group. Thought if I was interested I should join. Have read posts for many months and gotten much information, sipport and comfort. Thanks. My dad was dx with PD about 5 years ago then LBD about two years ago. We have seen a steady decline and have tried to stay on top as much as possible. I live next door and get morning meds and evening meds and stay until bedtime or all night if necessary. Have a caretaker come in for several hours during the day. as a LO I find that I lose patience easily - although I try not to- but also know there is much worse still to come. Try to work some through day (speech therapist who sets own schedule and has VERY understanding families) and care for my grandson. My grandson and husband have felt the brunt of this. My son is a big help when I ask but works and has online classes. Fortunately he takes full control of his son at night. All the necessary stuff out of the way. I have learned so much from reading posts and have much respect for everyone goinghroughthis and what they are or have given up. We too share the belief that dad wil stay home until absolutely not able tocare for him anymore. Have had some wonderful suggestions about VA benefits from this forum and small unnamed angel who helped to weed through the paperwork. Still have seen great financial drain as we pay for home improvements to make it easier for all and for care takers. Every penny worth it. will continue to check posts and get refreshed, but might work out for support group in Piedmont Triad area. Thanks.
KSS

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Post Re: Introduction
Welcome! Sounds like you have things well under control for now! Lynn

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]