View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New From Canada 

Post New From Canada
Hello, my name is Heather. My dad was very recently diagnosed with Lewy Bodies Dementia (within the last three weeks). We're all reeling a little from the magnitude of what this means and I am very glad that there is a support group. I am going to encourage my mom to join too because she is seriously grieving and really needs some people who are dealing with the same issues to be there for her.

Glad you are here!

H

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:36 am

Post Re: New From Canada
Welcome but sorry you have need to be here.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 am

Hi Heather, and I'm glad you found this forum. You'll find people here who can be very supportive and helpful, as everybody here is or has gone through what you are facing and what you will face in the future. There is a lot of good info. here too, so check in often. When you need to vent from anger, frustration, whatever, there is always someone here who will respond and know just what you are experiencing. Sorry you have to be here and I really encourage your mom to join as well. She'll need a lot of support. Lynn

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks so much! My knee-jerk reaction in these types of situations is to research the bejeezus out of something, so I've been on the computer a lot since I first found out. Thank the stars for the internet!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 pm

I did the same thing. Since my husband was first dx with PDD, I didn't join this forum as early as I should have. Had I done so, we would have avoided the Risperdal disaster. I found out from reading some British research journal articles online. We do what we have to do!

Welcome to this wonderful forum. Like the others, I'm so sorry you have to be here. We're ALL sorry we have to be here but so glad we have a place to go. There is also a LBD Caring Spouse forum on Yahoo that your mother might want to join. It's private for just spouses. --Pat

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]