View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Post New member
This is really a new experience for me, as I've always kept my private life private. My husband's Neurologist insisted that it's time for me to "talk." He's been diagnosed with LBD and is also diabetic, bipolar, had a heart attack that no one (except he) survives, has had 2 + strokes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He's as nutty as a fruitcake and today wanted to lease out rooms in our house and rent a truck. I am forever grateful that I have 24/7 care for him, yet he only wants me around and then screams at me. His balance is way off and just a few minutes ago sat down on a chair that wasn't there. I'm trying SO HARD to laugh a little but I'm emotionally worn out and can't help focusing on how much longer this deterioration can go on...and then I feel horrible about it. I'm sure this isn't new to anyone...

Fri May 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Your husband's neurologist sounds like he's treating the whole care team, not just his LBD patient. Good for him, and good for you for taking the step to join us.
Robin

Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Welcome to the LBDA forums, Glad you decided to join but am sorry for your need, Its good to know that the neurologist recognizes your needs too and has encouraged you to seek out support from others and there really is good feeling when you realize your aren't alone and who better than ones that have experienced it before or are dealing with it now!
Visit us often and feel free to ask anything and I only ask that you go to the different areas that are most fitting of your question or comment! There is also a Caringspouse support group online if you are interested!

Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome, Donna! Yes, they're all as nutty as a fruitcake, LOL! And we're all worn out--physically, emotionally and mentally. You came to the right place, though, for information, support and encouragement, not to mention your sanity. There's also an LBD forum on Yahoo Groups for spouse/caregivers that's a real blessing, too. Both are essential for my present existence. Sorry you have to be here but you'll be very glad you came. We're all in this ghastly mess together!
----------------------------------------
Pat [64] married to Derek [80] for 34 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002-2003; Stage 4. I am his caregiver at home.
----------------------------------------

Fri May 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Donna - I am glad you found the LBD forum, which is a lifesaver for many of us. These dementia diseases are just horrible to deal with but at least you have people here who understand and can provide valuable support as well as information. Don't be afraid to ask anything! The LBD chat is also a great place to make friends and vent whenever you need to! Try to find some time to take care of YOU also. Lynn

Fri May 14, 2010 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]