View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New Person Linda 

Post New Person Linda
My mother was finally diagnosed after being sick for years and not knowing what was wrong with her. It began we believe in 2005 when she was a healthy vibrant woman who loved to travel. While visiting NY she was walking and could not keep up with her companion friend who was quite a bit older, then she began having severe fatique and weakness and dropped 42 pounds. No explanation from the doctors who could only tell her she may have Chronic Phytique syndrom. She put off going to the Neurologist too long. When we finally did go, he prescribed Sinemet which gave us back our mother for a short period of time. The dimentia however continued to get worse and exculated recently when her regular doctor tried to put her on an antidepressant. Now the Nuerologist has taken her off both meds and her physical strength is declining once again, He wants to try a new med (not sure what kind). In any event I as her daughter have taken on the role of primary caregiver and am now having my own physical problems and trying to get away from the hands on. I have set up a one person nursing home with round the clock workers coming in because at this point she can do nothing for herself.

I am so grateful to have found this site, to vent, to learn, to connect and just to know that our family is not alone in what we are dealing with.

Thanks to all for being here. Linda.

Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 am

Is your mother taking any dementia medication?

Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]