View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NEW TO LBD 

Post NEW TO LBD
MY WIFE, 75 YEARS OF AGE, WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH LBD. AFTER NEURO TESTS THE DIAGNOSIS IS LBD WITH CAPGRAS SYNDROME WHERE THE PATIENT BELIEVES THEIR SPOUSE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH ANOTHER FAMILIAR PERSON. SHE IS ON NAMENDA AND THE EXELON PATCH AND HAS BEEN ON ARICEPT AND SEROQUEL AND BOTH GAVE HER UNBEARABLE SIDE EFFECTS. WE LEARNED THAT ANOTHER PERSON HAD TRIED RISPERIDONE AND HAD BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN REMOVING THE CAPGRAS SYNDROME. WE HAVE TRIED THAT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND NOW SHE IS FREE OF THE CAPGRAS SYNDROME ABOUT HALF THE TIME AND WE ARE HOPEFUL OF FURTHER SUCCESS. ALL THE SYMPTOMS GIVE US A VERY DIFFICULT TIME THOUGH BUT BY TALKING CALMLY THROUGH THEM WE ARE FINDING SOME UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF HER CONDITION. WE ARE HOPEFUL BUT ARE DESPERATE TO FIND SUPPORT GROUPS OR SOME TYPE OF SUPPORT.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:40 am

You can find a list of local support groups on lbda.org. The Alzheimer's Association has lots of support groups as well that may be worth checking out.

Not everyone can take Risperdal so it's good that you know your wife can tolerate this.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

you will also find much info on this forum- or ask questions and somone will share their experiences often
Sharon

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Welcome to the forum. I've found a lot of support and gotten more information than I can read through since I joined a few months ago. It's so nice to have a place where people know exactly what you are going through, because there is always someone here who's had/having a simlilar situation. I wish you both well in dealing with this terrible disease.
Lynn

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]