View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Intro 

Post Intro
My mother was originally diagnosed with Alzheimer's. After a lot of research and persistence, we convinced her doctor that it was truly LBD. That was over 10 years ago. First we noticed that she dragged a foot and fell down often. She suffered from extreme anxiety. Next, she withdrew from social functions and was depressed. Anything with numbers started to confuse her. After a few years, she started hallucinating. In her mind she was being held captive in a house that was a duplicate of hers by a man that was a duplicate of my dad. Dad tried to reason with her, but she'd just get angry and agitated. She cried a lot. Fast forward to 2 1/2 years ago. A UTI landed her in the hospital. We noticed weakness in her legs. After a few weeks in rehab, she was back to "normal". Six months later, she stopped walking--not even putting any weight on her feet. She stopped feeding herself. That is where she is at right now. Last week she had a stroke and now she is starting to pocket her food. I am joining this community so that I can compare symptoms that I am seeing and maybe help others understand what may be ahead of them. I am also concerned for my future and that of my 6 siblings. My mother's family has 6 children, 5 of whom are taking Aricept. It's scary.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi and welcome - yes, it is very scary for your mom and your whole family. You have come to a good place for support, information, venting, whatever you need. There are a lot of great people on the forum and chat and I hope you'll continue to be involved.
I just got 3 new diagnoses on my dad today, none of which were Parkinson's or LBD (although he said possibly LBD) so there is never a dull moment with these brain disorders!
Hang in there and know you are among friends when you come to this site. Take care, Lynn

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]