View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New here 

Post New here
Hello all,

I'm Megan, my mom was originally diagnosed with alzheimer's almost 5 years ago. That diagnosis was quickly changed to severe dementia, and recently changed again to LBD. We are in the final phase of the disease and have recently hired an in home caregiver. Our goal is to keep mom at home for as long as possible. I have been helping since the original diagnosis and now that we know exactly what we are dealing with, it is easier to figure out what to ask and who to ask. I am excited to be here and learn from all of you what we are in for in these last months.

"It's not where you look that matter, it's what you see."

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Welcome, Megan. You will find much information and support here. :) --Pat

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Post Hello
Hi Megan, I am glad you joined. I have been a guest on this site and finally joined the forum for only a few days and I have found it to be so valuable. My Mom is also in the later stages of LBD. Feel free to email me and I know you will find a lot of valuable information and support from everyone here.

Nancy

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum though sorry you have need to be here.

I'm curious as to what leads you to believe your mom is in the final stages. You might consider getting a referral to hospice from one of your mom's MDs.

When your mom was first diagnosed with AD, did she make decisions about feeding tube, tracheotomy, living connected to a ventilator, and brain donation?

Robin

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Post new
Hi, welcome the girls are right tons of support and information here. Wonderful people on chat as well. I have made alot of new friends and don't feel so alone in dealing with my moms LBD anymore. The great thing about this sight is even though so many people are on here looking for answers and it is hard to deal with this sometimes, people care and want to help you as much as they can. Good luck on finding what you are searching for..
Lynda

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Megan - welcome! I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice and meet many wonderful, caring people here. This is such a great service to those of us dealing with LBD in our world. You may want to try the chat too - I've made some great friends there in the 2 months I've been part of the forum and chat. Take care, Lynn

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Sorry for the need to be here and I hope you visit often.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]