View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Here to introduce myself 

I am very sorry about your situation. Sometimes there are no great solutions. We can only do our best, and understand that sometimes our best may not be enough. Explore all of your options before you act. See if your community has an organization on aging or maybe a visiting nurse association. Contact your doctor for recommended agencies to help you. If you move your LO in with you (they may need another doc). I moved my MIL in with me rather than place her in a nursing home. I researched all other options first and then we acted. This made things a lot easier. BUT it has changed my life. Although we have caregivers and home health nurses, I must plan my excursions out. I have lost weight because as soon as I hear the squeak of the walker I go running to make sure she doesn't fall. I live with a woman who never speaks and must be told to do even the simplest of tasks such as eat or drink or come out into the living room to visit with us. But you know what? I wouldn't trade these last days with her for anything. This decision is personal and what works for one person may not work for you. Hang in there and in the immortal words from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "Don't Panic."

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2