View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Newbie with LBD mother 

She' had been on Paxil for several years, but she was recently getting Lexapro (SSRI) and Remeron (tetracyclic). I don't think they did her any good. In the past two weeks she has gotten much worse and has just been moved to a mental health care clinic in Indy, Westview, directed by a Dr. Arnold. His father had Alz and he believes that he will eventually get the disease, too, so he is invested in dementia care for the elderly. We're going to go back to square one and try a new route, probably starting back on Seroquel to see if it relieves any of the delusions. It also acts as a soporific, so she might sleep more. Believe me, that would be much better than crying and wailing or agitated and combative.

We have started to discuss hospice, as well.

Jim

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 am

Starting from square one sounds like a good idea. I hope the Seroquel works for your mother.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am

I also hope that starting over with the meds really works well for your Mom, Its all trial and error sadly!
Good Luck!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

Jim ~ I hope starting over with the meds will give some relief and quality to her life. Your mom must be in terrible psychic pain knowing at some level what is happening to her life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Best wishes for a better outcome this time.
Roxanne

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2