View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Newly diagnosed 

There's no need to give your email address as part of a post because you've provided it in your profile. So anyone can click the EMAIL button at the bottom of any of your posts to email you. I suggest you edit your post to remove your email address. Web crawlers looking for email addresses posted to the web will see yours and add it to their send-her-some-spam list.
Robin

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks Robin for the reminder about email addresses.
Roxanne

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Linda, we were told our insurance didn't cover at the Mayo, and I put off the visit for a few months, However, since we have good insurance it just didn't make sense to me, so, promopted by the brain donation information, I started all over, asking more questions. After six lenghtly phone calls were finally assured that it did cover. According to what I've been told, if your insurance is a Medicare Advantage Plan, it will not cover, but if it is a total indemnity plan it will. Blue Cross is apprarently wrong in their system or requires more information about which plan you have. We finally had our appointment with Dr. Van Gerphen yesterday, and I'll post about it under symptoms.

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.".....Thoreau

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 am

As sad, frustrating and time consuming as it is, I often find that getting ahold of a different person at ins. co., the VA, and other huge bureaucracies, you are very likely to get a different answer. We have to be assertive and persistent and hopefully we will find the person who can give us the answer we are looking for. I've had several dental insurance and BC/BS situations where they told me something or someone isn't covered and I just had to keep working until things got straightened out. One example was when one of my sons was 2, BC/BS stopped paying for his dr. visits. When I called they said "he isn't your son". I said "if you look back in your records 2 yr. ago you'll see that you paid $16,000 for his delivery and we were both in the hospital for 16 days. How can you tell me he's not my son when you've been paying his dr. visits for 2 years?" LOL. Some things just don't make any sense. It eventually got taken care of, but how dumb was that?!

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3