View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 signs of lewey body 

Post signs of lewey body
was diagnosed in august' now in a nursing home but my son's dr. is saying if it was this within 3 months of diagnoses he would not know any one but it's mostly his body that is not working. I need some answers and no one seems to know anything about this disease. thankyou :?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm not exactly sure I follow. Are you speaking about your husband having LBD but your son's MD (not sure why he's involved) in saying that the only way someone could have LBD is if the person doesn't recognize others?? Obviously the MD doesn't know what he's talking about.

I suggest you go to lbda.org and read everything you can on the home page (and linked to the home page).

Robin

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

And it might be a good idea for the MD to do the same as robin suggests. :) Dee

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 am

Post signs of lewy body
My husband is exactly the same. His mind in normally very clear and he knows everybody. Sometimes I can't remember someone's name and he remembers it. He does have problems talking about things and it's difficult to get him to understand things or to try to get him to do something.

His body on the other hand is the problem. It's like his body is "stiffining" up on him and causing all kinds of problems.

That's why it's so hard for me to even consider placing him in a nursing home at this time. If he didn't recognize me or remember anything, it would be easier, even though it would still be the hardest thing I've ever done.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]