View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Please Help!!!! 

Post Please Help!!!!
My Dad 70 years old has been diagnosed with parkinsons and though some of his symptoms look like Parkinsons,LBD seems to cover most all of his symptoms. His doctor keeps experimenting with his meds to try to get a combo that works but no matter what combo we give him...nothing works. We took him to the emergency room 2 days ago because he had a Violent hulucination and he had been having them for the last few months. A doctor at the ER told us about LBD and now he has been placed at the Salt Lake Regional hospital in the Senior behavioral Unit to try to get his meds figured out. If you can please help us by refering a Doctor that will listen to us...that would be great. Thank you for your time.I would really like to thank Jim for his warm welcome and concern...Thank You sir

Jon Dale
Salt Lake City,Utah

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:51 pm

I suggest you see the excellent John Steffens, a neurologist at the Univ of UT. You can use my name (Robin Riddle).

Further, I suggest you read Dr. Brad Boeve's 2004 "Continuum" paper (found on lbda.org - do a search) as to a suggested treatment regimen for LBD.

You were lucky that you ran into an MD in the ER who had his/her thinking cap on! Give that person a gold star!

Robin

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:19 pm

My exact thought, robin! Nice to hear some good news about an LBD person getting the correct type of care & understanding. Dee

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]