View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 New at this, 

lol yes, Central Fl, out in the country. Between Hawthorne and Interlachen. that is the problem. I looked for support groups and I didn't find any near me. Only Jacksonville. Too far away. I could seriously use one.

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Is there an Alzheimer's Association local chapter in Gainesville? You might check to see if they have any groups in your area.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:07 pm

We also live in an area without support groups- have found this forum to be of great help and support
Sharon

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:22 am

This forum is a Huge help! I feel Blessed to have ya'll to talk to and get advise from ya'lls experience.
Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:59 am

While my husband was temporarily in an ALF in Yuma, AZ, I attended a great Alzheimer's support group every other week. The first time I attended, all I did was cry. Mostly from astonishment and relief. Astonishment that other people were discussing the very same issues I had been experiencing and relief that I had found people who understood. Although it was an Alzheimer's support group, about half of the attendees' LOs had other forms of dementia. We had speakers once a month, too.

Believe me, it is NOT POSSIBLE for anyone else to fully comprehend what it is like to care for a LO with dementia. This forum is great, but if you can also find and attend a support group, I strongly urge you to do so.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3