View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hi. I am new 

Post Hi. I am new
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say it is so good to find a forum like this.

For the last several years my mom was diagnosed with Altzheimer's but recently the neuros are thinking she has Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Maybe because when she is sick she hallucinates and really gets confused and looses some skills. Then, she generally gets a lot better until the next time that she is sick.

Over the last few months it has been like riding a roller coaster with lots of viruses, infections and illnesses and she really has "gone downhill". For me it is just so hard to see her go through all of this.

Thanks so much for this forum.

Ellen

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Dear Ellen -- It is very common for patients to have both LBD and Alzheimer's (AD). Sorry about all the infections -- that keeps things even more unpredictable. Be sure to ask for help or info from the forum if you need it, and laughs are always welcome as well.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Welcome to the LBDA forums, I am sorry about your Mom's illness but we are all here to listen. Post as often as you like.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Nice to meet you. Sad its under this circumstance. Sorry your mom is having to endure this terrible disease and the infections. I lost my mom to it last Oct. and for some reason, sad as it is to see my hubby going through it...my heart broke to see mom go through it. I feel soooo sorry for you.
Like the others said, come and vent, educate yourself on the great articles here and do whats best for your mom.

Dianne

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi Ellen and so sorry to meet you under these circumstances but you have come to the right place for help. :)

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]