View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 New to Forum (Dad has LBD) 

ahall I too agree with all of the others on here. We DON'T want to see you go either. I know the feeling of anger that you had because of how I was questioned when I first came on and it was as if I was being asked to check out my doctors to know if they knew what they were talking about. I left for several days because of that and I think that maybe when we first find this board that we are very vulnerable and looking back on my incident maybe that is where my anger came out for all that has happened here at home. I also had an instant where an uncle of mine got lost and no one, not even the police could find him for hours - he had phoned my mom at 8:00pm and then left the area he was in and he finally arrived home after midnight. The police found him about 10 miles from home but he was on farmland with ditches all around. The doctor also did not say that he couldn't drive anymore. This board I find is always about concern for our brother or sister that is posting. We will probably never meet you but I think in our ways we will always love you.

Liz.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

Please don't stop visiting this site. I am sorry that you felt like you were being criticized here. That certainly was not anyone's intention here. We have all been where you are and are just trying to give you the benefit of our experiences. We went through the same difficulties when it came time for us to stop my mother-in-law's driving. We took my mother-in-law to the ER because she hadn't slept for 2 weeks and thought people were bugging her house and installing cameras everywhere. The doctor who first treated her at the ER claimed she was perfectly capable to drive back and forth to work and that she only had a touch of Alzheimer's. Hilarious! That's like saying a person is a "touch pregnant". You either are or you aren't. Sometimes the professionals aren't always right. You have to trust your own judgement because you know your loved one better than anyone else.

You will have all of our support and understanding here. Don't give up.

Joyce K

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3