View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Just joind the forum 
Post Just joind the forum
Hello, my name is Jan. I am hopeful to find assistance. My dad was diagnosed with LBD a year ago -- very early stages, but now lives with us because he has trouble with simple everyday tasks due to the Parkinson symptons of the disease. However, there is been a change in personality (drive) and I am not sure if it is the disease or his dependent personality. It is amazing what you learn or relearn about someone when they live with you.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Apathy may be part of LBD. It's part of some of the other atypical parkinsonism disorders.

Has your dad received any neuropsychological testing? That would characterize whether he has apathy and how severe it is.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Have you seen the new LBDA brochure for the newly-diagnosed? It's quite good. See this post about it:
http://www.lewybodydementia.org/forum/v ... php?t=1288
Robin

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

I am glad that you finally made your way here! Jump in anytime you want and you are sure to have some helpful answers come your way, if you have a specific question try and place in the area that best fits.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]