View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tracking device for dementia patients 

Post Tracking device for dementia patients
I am looking for a "wristband" type of device that would track someone if they walk off from the house. I'm afraid my father in law might be possibly to do that. Any info is appreciated.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Check with your nearest chapter of the Alzheimer's Association or go to the national website. I think they have a program called something like "Safe Return" that includes the type of bracelet you are talking about.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Neat. I didn't know the Safe Return program utilized GPS for tracking. I know they have such a program for pets but not for humans!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Ooops! Not sure that there is a tracking device involved. It is an identifier program so that if your LO is out wandering, someone can tell that they are lost and can make contact through the program to get them home safely.

As for GPS tracking -- a few years ago when Jerome and I could still spend time apart, I changed Jerome's Verizon cell phone to an Amigo (or Migo) phone that is intended for children. It has only four buttons, that you program. More importantly, it did have a GPS tracking feature such that I could see on my computer or my phone where Jerome was, and could also receive an alert if he strayed outside of "zones" that I pre-identified. I got the idea too late to make good use of it for long as Jerome lost the ability to figure out even a four-button phone, and soon we were never apart such that he would need it.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

I have seen TV commercials recently for a tracking device intended for young children who may wonder. It seems the child has something on, and there is a hand held gizmo that seems to be a direction indicator to the signal emitted from the child's device. I wish I had more details. I would look online for something marketed for children. Good luck.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:50 am

I went to a caregivers symposium a while back and there were vendors offering information on items that were helpful to caregivers. As I recall one of the items was a type of tracking device. Will go through my pamphlets to see if I have any information on it and will post it if I find it.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]