View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Newcomer 

My LO was diagnosed with both PD and LBD. In his case the hallucinations began prior to taking any medications. They were one of the initial signs to us that something was wrong with him.

A big hug to both you and your mom.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 am

Thanks for your reply. It is all so confusing. They increased Moms levadopa yesterday and she seems to be responding with more energy and seems to be more with it. Do you have any idea if the Levadopa will do that or is this the flucuations spoken about? If anyone else has any experience with this please feel free to respond

Thanks and Blessings to US All...

PeggyP

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:51 pm

You might check out a website such as rxlist.com or drugs.com to see what the intended benefits (or common side effects) of Sinemet are. Sinemet helps with motor problems (stiffness, rigidity) so maybe you are seeing better movement and interpreting that as more energy? Only time will tell...
Robin

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:16 pm

I agree with Robin...only time will tell. Each case is so different and the responses to the medications are individual. My LO is on Sinemet and does very well with it, some don't. Unfortunately there is no "set" guidelines. Wish there were.

:)

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:37 pm

I wish there were more answers also. I am trying to take it one step and
day at a time. It changes so from day to day sometimes hour to hour and even the doctors can only suppose a diagnosis. It makes it more difficult to let go. I keep thinking is this the answer or did I miss something, and maybe she is getting well etc. etc. etc.

You are right, only time will tell.

PeggyP

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2