View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Grandmars got LBD 

Post Grandmars got LBD
She's never been in the best of health but a few years ago she started having these little black outs where she wouldn't be 'with it' for days and the doctors didn't have a clue what to make of it. Then for years we had all the wrong conclusion’s about what was wrong with her, they even thought it was the big C which wasn't great to hear. Then about 2 years ago we found out that it was LB's, it was good to finally have a name for this thing but at the same time we all didn't have a clue what the hell it was, we though it sounded sort of made up at first...

As well as the little episodes in space she still had, my grandmar started to get a bit nasty and very paranoid which wasn't her at all, then she slowly started losing the movement in her legs so she was bed bound, then we were told that she had to go to a residential home (which was horrible) so that didn't last long and she came home after all the rite equipment had been fitted, even I don’t think it got used one by her carers and now we've been told that she has to go back into a home, but a proper one this time where people will actually look after her. Were trying to hold it off till after Christmas so she can spend it at home with her family.

It's just a horrible thing that I don’t think people can really understand unless they see the changes and affects it can take on a person, I mean I don’t think I’d understand fully if I hadn't been watching it first hand.
I just miss the strong, independent, proud woman my grandmar used to be, its almost as if we've swapped roles, me being the adult and her being the child as horrible as that sounds.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]