View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I am new to this forum 

Post I am new to this forum
Hi

My mother was diagnosed with LBD earlier this year, but started to display delusions rather harmless a couple of years ago. They have since been getting much more agressive, these people who she has known in her life and never liked are always stealing her things, talking about her, calling her names and she will believe them far more than her family. I was wondering if anyone noticed a difference during a full moon. I seem to find that this seems to be the case, but perhaps it is just my willingness to believe that there might be an external cause for the increased delusions.

thanks gayle

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 am
Welcome to the LBDA forums, I have no comment about the full moon, I have heard other people talk about it, so it certainly isn't the first time someone brought it up, when my husband displayed some of the behaviors that your mother is we just rode out the storm, we did treat the aggression.
Please bring us all your questions and post them in the correct areas that way you will maybe get the possible hints.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 am

http://www.lewybodydementia.org/forum/v ... php?p=3000

And, this is slightly off course but someone ("CA") recently mentioned that her loved one's neurologist thought that a full moon was an explanation to the loved one's problems. This was said in tongue-in-cheek, and was rather upsetting to CA (as that's all the MD had to offer).

You can do a search of past messages on the term "full moon." Others have mentioned this.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]