View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Doctor is starting to take the meds away from my Mom. 

Post The Doctor is starting to take the meds away from my Mom.
I'm the carefiver of my 89 year old Mom with LBD and Parkinston. She has lived with me two years. She has seen people and objects for 4 years and very confused, She can get around with a walker and a little help. She is still eating good. She need help with dressing and bathing and bathroom issues. He believes in 3 stages. He thinks she in at the end of 2,but going dwon hill.I wonder if others is at this :roll: stage and what to expect.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Post meds away
hi cicerol,
I just saw your entry, I have a question - what meds is your mother on and what reason does the MD give for taking her off of them? Does he want to take her off all meds or just some? If she can still get around and is eating it doesnt sound like she is at the last stage but as you know every person with LBD is different.
Tricia

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 am

What meds is the MD taking away? Can you get another MD? Can you give the current MD the Boeve "Continuum" paper and instruct that this is how you want your mother treated?

You might make your post in the "Treatment Options" sub-forum as it may get more attention there.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:51 am

Post Taking Mom off her med.
They thought it might help the sundowing and all the object and people she see. They took her off Exelon Patch, Carbidopa/ Levodopa. He said to stop the Melatoin. We tried all she is still bad. So after being up with her many nights in a row I put her back on Melatonin at night. At least we are only up a few times each night. She still takes Sertalne, Premarin. Nabumetone, Cerefolin, Levothyroxine, and 1/2 Triamterene every other day for her blood pressure, which isn't bad now. :wink:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 pm

OK, I can see how removal of Sinemet might reduce hallucinations but the Exelon patch? Doesn't make any sense.

Can you get another MD? Can you give the current MD the Boeve "Continuum" paper and instruct that this is how you want your mother treated?

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:06 am

Post Review of medicine for LBD needed
Cicerol, I know this is all so confusing, isn't it. Take it one step at a time. Love for your mom is the most important first step. One of the meds hops out at me and I am wondering why she is taking the Premarin at the age of 89. How long has she been taking it?

Dorthea

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]