View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 So here we are about to elect a new administration.. 

Post election
Manymoons, I just saw one of those reporter- with- mike- in- local- cafe
interviews. The elderly (tho' younger than I) lady was asked who she would vote for and she said____, it just makes me mad to hear them say because he's 72, he's over the hill! I could resonate with that! We all have our issues that are so important. Don't understand how the pollsters could ever be right.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:09 pm

On 10/14, I corrected the date of the next debate...

MM and all,
I saw this posted yesterday on an MSA-related Yahoo!Group. I think the next debate is Wed 10/15 so the date at the bottom of this letter could be changed to that.
Robin

Posted by: Linda
I received an email from AARP today asking for people to send emails to the candidates asking some specific questions. They have three they think are important, but I edited their “canned” letter and asked these questions. I urge everyone to take a minute to ask the candidates how they will help us, MSA patients and caregivers, cope with the huge hurdles we face every day. Please send them an email today with your questions. Feel free to cut paste and edit my letter if it is easier. You can send emails through these websites:

Barack Obama - http://www.congress.org/congressorg/iss ... d=11008941

John McCain - http://www.congress.org/congressorg/iss ... d=11008926

During this time of economic instability, we need real, solid plans for change. I would like to see you address these issues during the debate.

1. What will you do to ensure affordable quality health care for all Americans?

2. How do you propose to relieve the financial burden on America’s 44.5 million family caregivers?

3. Do you believe there should be tax credits for elder care just as there are for child care?

4. What steps can the government take so the infirm need not spend down their assets to qualify for Medicaid?

5. What steps will you take to eliminate the 2 year waiting period after qualifying for Social Security Disability and before qualifying for Medicare?

6. How will you cut through the partisan gridlock and work across the aisle to deliver real change for American families?

We need to know not just what you propose, but how you plan to work across the aisle to actually get the job done.

America is hurting right now, and I won't stand for more stalling, arguing, or bickering. We are looking to the next President to lead the way. Please take the time to address the questions above during your comments on October 7.

Last edited by robin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 pm

These are excellent questions. Living in Europe, I don't have the chance to listen to the debates. Were any of these questions taken up? Dinny Wolff

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]