View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rapid decline 

Post Rapid decline
Hi Irene and all,
I wanted to ask if anyone else has had an experience with a LO having a sudden and rapid decline. My Mom had a UTI last week, and I have blamed her symptoms on that. But this week, even though there was an improvement in her sleep pattern, she has declined in other areas. I am going to have to put signs on the bathroom doors because suddenly, she is forgetting where the bathroom is and needs assistance in the bathroom. She's unable to get out of bed alone. She yells "help" instead of calling us by name. Also is VERY unsteady and shakey the first half of the day. These are some big changes for sure. My question is, do LBD patient have ups and downs? Will she be better if a few days? Or once they decline, do they continue that decline? Did the UTI sap her energy? I am sad because I should be able to ask her DR these questions, but as little as I know, it's more than he knows! :? I am very worried.
Sallyann

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:18 am

Post Rapid Decline
Hi Sallyanne - I am sorry you are seeing a fast decline. Yes this disease is like a roller coaster alot of ups and downs. This past week was a horrible one, just because the aides were switching their days, it through my mother off. Very lethargic, sleeping alot, and not remembering anything. All of a sudden on Sunday and Monday she was her old self, and Im talking from a few years ago. Happy, laughing, joking around, memory was on the money etc. Monday afternoon that all went downhill again, complained she couldnt see, sleepy again, slurring words and having trouble finding words correctly, couldn't remember what she had eaten 5 minutes ago etc. So to answer your questions this disease is awful. Not that we want our LO's to go downhill and keep on going its just not nowing what to expect. You cant plan anything day to day. I have started keeping track by circling her bad days and giving a star on good ones. Hopefully she will be on the upswing again for you, unfortunately every time they have bad times they never come back to what they were before, something is always missing. Good luck and let us know how it is going in a few days....

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]