View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PET SCANS 

Please let us all know what the PET shows. We are all interested and always want to learn new information about the disease and testing. Anxious to hear, and hope it goes well. 8)
Sallyann

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:30 am

Post Jennifer Brock Test Results
Hi Jennifer,
Just want you to know that I am thinking about you today. I know today is the day that you will get the results of the testing.
You are in my thoughts and prayers,
Diane Hill

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:04 pm

Thank you Diane, and thank you to all the other people on this site for helping me decide to push for a DX other than "some kind of dementia". I took last week off work, and I don't have access to a computer at home at the moment or I would have posted sooner. I think we got the best possible news last week. No Alzheimer's (per the psych tests) and No Lewy Bodies showed on the PET SCAN. Seems that the fluctuations in my Mom's dementia are due to the fact that she has had over 20 small strokes in the last three years. Only two of them were large enough to send her to the emergency room. I asked if these strokes were the TIA's I have read about, and the answer was no. The lesions and scar tissue in the brain show them to be larger than a TIA. The strokes were not centered in any one part of the brain either, so it has affected many physical and cognitive skills. The Geriatric Nuero. also said that infections like UTI's, and also plain constipation can cause her to be worse on some days. So once again, thank you all for your support over the last few months, and God bless all of you for the love and support you give your LO's.
Jennifer

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:20 am

Post Jennifer
Dear Jennifer,
Thank God...that is the best news. :D I am so happy for you and your Mom. I'm sure it will be a little difficult dealing with the effects of the strokes and damage, but nothing compared to LBD or AZ...What a relief it must be. I can only imagine. If you hadn't pushed for the testing, you would never have known.
I am going to follow suit, you are my inspiration! I still have my doubts on my Mother also. She just does not fit the standard LBDers that I read about on both sites...We see the neurologist on January 12 and I am going to push for everything.
Good luck and God bless and thanks for letting us know...
Diane

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Thanks for letting us know how it went. I am happy for you. Knowing is half the battle, now you can deal with the strokes, medication etc. I am so glad you pushed for the test.......God Bless and Good Luck Shelley

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:40 am
:D I am so happy this turned out better than orginally thought, I am glad that you pursued the pet scan and now you have a for sure answer.
Good Luck to you and your Mother!

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Glad you have an appointment in Jan and if you have any doubts I think you should push for a definitive DX if possible, you may even wwant to copy jennifer's post to take to the DR.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 pm

Post Irene
Hi Irene,
Isn't that awesome news about jennifer's Mom? I am so happy for her...One less LBDer to suffer with this dreaded disease....
Maybe my Mom will make it 2...let's hope...I just got back from 2 days down there...she was good except for the legs...lots of muscle pain, but she has a circulation problem and a disease of the veins...so, that could be what that is...when I say good, I mean no typical, horrible LBD symptoms...just memory and sleeping problems...plus health problems....but, after all I have learned and read and hear about LBD I would give anything I have for her not to have it...I would rather have it be AZ... :cry:
But, whatever it is, we will have to deal with it...
Well, I need to go take a little rest, didn't get much sleep...she woke up at 4...and I have to go to work at 3...so I'm tired...
Nice to hear from you....Hope all is well....
Hugs,
Diane
PS I am going to print out everything regarding Jennifers case, minus the name of course.... :lol:

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:43 pm
Nice hearing from you too, I am glad your looking at your Mother's illness with open eyes, so important that she has you for an advocate.
I will be away for a week so talk to you all when I get back!
I am Going on a Cruise on the Queen Mary 2, so I am excited!

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 pm

Post Irene/Trip
Hi Irene,
Have a great cruise...lucky you...That sounds fantastic....
Talk to you when you get back...
Hugs,
Diane

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:02 am

Hello Diane, Irene, Shelly and Sallyanne. Thank you all for your concern and support. I am very happy it's not LBD. Now I have to start seriously researching Multi-infarct Dementia. Mom is actually doing well, unless she loses track of what day it is and gets off on med's. That's when her evil twin comes out. But we're working on it. Actually got her to allow me to put the med's up and out of her reach between the weekly fill ups. And her Dr. ordered additional home health care nursing visits. That helps. Diane, feel free to use any info I've given to help with a definite DX with your mom. I will be checking back occasionally and am interested in what happens with you and your Mom. God Bless,
Jennifer

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:02 pm

Post Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for the well wishes and the chance to use your info.

I dealt with the multi infarct dementia for the past 6 years..that is what it was diagnosed as 6 years ago, with an MRI and psych workup...and let me tell you this, the only time she got really bad is when they would put her on anti-psychotic drug, namely, Risperidal...she would do terrible...and another time the pharmacy made an error and gave her 100 mgs. of Celexa when it was supposed to be 50mgs....it was a new RX so I didn't have pills to compare to...everything was marked right except the wrong pills were put in the bottle...I sued them and won...At that time Mom was in bed and going down hill and I didn't know what the heck was wrong...until the next refill when I compared the pills, which were the right ones...and I flipped out to think she was so sick because of an error at the pharmacy....let this also be a lesson to everyone to check pills...now they have description of the pills on her slip she gets, which helps....
Your Mom is probably very scared...and maybe if you just tell her how lucky she is that she just had tiny tiny strokes..that's what I did...my Mom felt lucky and the doctors told her she did not have AZ and that made her happy and relieved...I think they get scared and don't want to admit it and try to fight it...and cover it up...which causes more anxiety for them....that is why I have always down played my Mom or else she would go off the deep end with worry....also, not sleeping properly, sends my Mom into another planet...she is sooo good when she sleep well....but, when they gave her Trazadone to help with her sleeping she did horrible again...I decided no mental health meds as I call them..at least not now....I might have to eat those words...but for now...NONE...
OK, I have to run to work...
Thanks again and thank God it's not LBD....
Hugs,
Diane

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:23 pm

I have been off the site for awhile and just read about your good news. I am so happy and relieved for you and your family. Any other diagnosis can be handled. Good luck with your Mom and thank you for being on the site. In one way or another we all take something away from here, be it info or support. Enjoy the holidays.
Sallyann

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2