View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Just Diagnosed 

Post Just Diagnosed
My 67yr old mother who has had PD for 11 years has just been diagnosed with LBD. My father and I knew nothing about LBD until this diagnosis. Having found this site and read the common symptoms it reads like it could my mother’s case notes.

In the last month before finally getting someone to listen we have called the ambulance and police to the house on several occasions.

She is currently in hospital but she’s convinced everyone is either trying to harm her or stop her doing what she wants. My best description of what she is going through at the moment is a kind of chronic insomnia with no concept of night or day and therefore dream or reality. Some of the delusions are very elaborate and many involve events of 40 – 50 years ago. Generally though, she just thinks everyone is conspiring against her or trying to harm her.

It seems such a rapid decline in such a short time. My father is in his 70’s and I don’t live at home so there is no way she can come home in her current state (during one recent episode she became very violent). We are just hoping that her PD drugs can be adjusted and she will at least be on an even keel and therefore able to return home.

She has just been prescribed Zopiclone and Quetiapine but we have not yet discussed these with a doctor.

This site and forum has already been a good source of information so I will therefore become a regular visitor I’m sure.

Thanks

Mike

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:05 am
Let me first off say how sorry I am about your Mother, LBD is a tough disease and very hard to manage, you get one thing on even keel and then something else pops up, I know you are expressing a rapid decline , perhaps LBD is what she has had all along , this was the case with my Husband, first DX with Parkinson's then came the LBD DX, The seroquel should help some and they will adjust the dosage.
I didn't reconize the Zopiclone and I did look it up and see that it is for insomnia.
What is she taking for the PD? some of these meds can work against the LBD and thats where the hard part comes in, So many meds do NOT work well with LBD.
I am glad you have found the Forum here informitive and Please do visit often with questions or just opinions.
Good luck with your Mother and I do hope they can get things settled down for her and she can return home but you do realize your Dad will be needing some help, good place is to start is the Alzheimers Association and see if they can offer help and when the need arises contact Hospice, it is not only for Last months of one's life!

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:35 am

Thanks for your reply. The drugs she has been on for many years for the PD are (excuse spelling)...

Madopar
Propananol
Astrovastatin

I'm begining to realise my dad will need help its just difficult to gauge as I don't know if or how much better my mother can become.

Regards

Mike

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:28 pm
It is really hard to tell and even if she does get back home it probably won't be the way she was, when they take a turn in the disease process, you always loss a little more, If I were you I would try and find out if it is in fact Parkinsons and LBD or has it always been just one and there was a misdiagnois in orginal which is very common, Tell me is it only the mental you are concerned with , what about her physical condition, can she walk , feed herself, use the rest room,shower, Every thing you described early with her mental status is very consistant with LBD, As far as your Mother getting better, thats a statement thats very broad, her condidtion will not reverse but it can be maintained.Now I assume she has tremors, correct? Can you find out is it all the time or only during movement? Does she have resting tremors? I know there are a lot of questions her but I am trying to find out where you are in all of this LBD process. :?:

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:27 pm

We were told that its LBD but it hadn’t occurred to me that the original PD diagnosis could be wrong so that’s another questions for the Doctor.

She can walk and get to the toilet OK (usually with the aid of a walking stick). In fact during recent ‘episodes’ she has mustered quite some strength so primarily I’m concerned about her mental state.

She’s had bad tremors pretty much at all times for many years. In fact it’s only in recent days after being prescribed the Zopilcone that I have seen her lay still when asleep or dozing.

During my visit today she was as bad as ever, rambling on about people with guns and asking me to contact a barrister. She also asked my how my dog was who she loved very much but it died over a year ago.

She is real handful at the hospital as she gets up and wanders around during the night. She has also hit one nurse who ended up in casualty and last night through water over another nurse who was trying to bath her.

What I don’t understand is that she was so different just a few weeks ago. Four to five weeks ago I would have described her mental state as 90 – 95% then came these episodes.

I certainly hope there is some improvement or am I to face facts that there is no chance at all of a half sensible conversation with her ever again?

Thanks again

Mike

Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:22 pm
Most people with LBD don't have resting tremors and that was the reason I asked, Also you say she has changed in short time period another thing with LBD is common, if there were to be an infection such as a UTI, it could really upset the apple cart. So I do hope they are checking for these things also, I am not at home right now but I am going to send you a comparison sheet but I have to look threw my files on my own computer, Check with me later and lets see what I come up with.

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:50 pm
As promised I am sending this Paper I told you I would, I hope you find it helpful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Difining Deffuse Lewy Body Disease

Jonathan T. Stewart, MD

VOL 113 / NO 5 / MAY 2003 / POSTGRADUATE MEDICINE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CME learning objectives

To understand the reasons for underdiagnosis of diffuse Lewy body disease
To be able to describe the four cardinal symptoms of diffuse Lewy body disease
To learn optimal management of diffuse Lewy body disease
The author discloses no financial interests in this article.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second of three articles on geriatric care.

Preview: Diffuse Lewy body disease is a common type of dementia that shares similarities with Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. However, primary care physicians need to recognize the crucial differences between these entities to make appropriate treatment decisions and offer realistic prognoses. In this article, Dr Stewart describes the characteristics of diffuse Lewy body disease and ways to optimize the quality of life for patients affected by it.
Stewart JT. Defining diffuse Lewy body disease: tetrad of symptoms distinguishes illness from other dementias. Postgrad Med 2003;113(5):71-5

Everything that can be invented has been invented.

Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of US Patents, 1899

It is perhaps surprising that a common, clinically important illness could still be hiding under our noses in the 21st century, but such is the case with diffuse Lewy body disease. This entity, also called Lewy body dementia, is the second most common dementing illness found in autopsy studies--more common than vascular dementia and surpassed only by Alzheimer's disease (1).

Diffuse Lewy body disease was first described by the neuropathologist Kosaka and colleagues in 1984 (2). They reported finding Lewy bodies throughout the cortex of patients with dementia, rather than the neuritic plaques and neurofibrillary tangles that are characteristic of Alzheimer's disease. Lewy bodies are the neuronal inclusion bodies seen in the midbrain in Parkinson's disease; however, they are much harder to visualize in cortical neurons than in midbrain neurons (3) (figures 1 and 2). Since Kosaka's initial reports, immunofluorescent staining techniques have been developed that make cortical Lewy bodies much easier to detect (figure 3). Today's ease of visualization has been responsible for our awareness of the prevalence of this illness (3).

Diffuse Lewy body disease is found at autopsy in 15% to 20% of patients with dementia (1). Age at onset is similar to that of Alzheimer's disease, and the condition occurs most often in the sixth, seventh, or eighth decade of life (4). In contrast to Alzheimer's disease, diffuse Lewy body disease is twice as common in men as in women (4). Some familial cases appear to be autosomal dominant, but the disease is generally not familial (5). Important differences between these diseases are summarized in table 1.

Table 1. Comparison of features of Alzheimer's disease and diffuse Lewy body disease
Alzheimer's disease Diffuse Lewy body disease

Cortical neuritic plaques, neurofibrillary tangles Cortical Lewy bodies

Accounts for 50%-60% of all dementias Accounts for 15%-20% of all dementias

Equally prevalent in men and women Twice as prevalent in men

Often familial Rarely familial

Some day-to-day variability Prominent day-to-day variability

Abrupt deterioration always indicates superimposed illness or drug reaction Abrupt deterioration common, may be idiopathic ("pseudodelirium")

Parkinsonian features very rare, occur late in illness Parkinsonian features obvious early in illness

Autonomic dysfunction rare Autonomic dysfunction common

Incidence of hallucinations 20%, usually in moderately advanced disease Incidence of hallucinations 80%, usually early in illness

Adverse reactions to antipsychotics often seen Severe or life-threatening adverse reactions to antipsychotics usually occur

Clinical features
The typical clinical picture of diffuse Lewy body disease is distinctive and features a tetrad of symptoms: Alzheimer's-like dementia, parkinsonian symptoms, prominent psychotic symptoms and, most important, extreme sensitivity to antipsychotic agents.

The dementia seen in diffuse Lewy body disease is similar to that of Alzheimer's disease (4) and includes prominent memory loss, aphasia, and apraxia initially and executive deficits (eg, disinhibition, loss of initiative, incontinence) later. It may or may not progress more rapidly than in Alzheimer's disease (6,7), but the symptoms generally vary a great deal more from one day to the next than do symptoms of Alzheimer's disease (1). In addition, up to 81% of patients with diffuse Lewy body disease have unexplained periods of markedly increased confusion that lasts days to weeks and closely mimics delirium (3). This "pseudodelirium" has not been explained.

Parkinsonian features in diffuse Lewy body disease are generally mild to moderate and usually start at about the same time as the dementia (in contrast to Parkinson's disease, in which motor symptoms usually predate dementia by many years) (8). Bradykinesia, rigidity, and falls are common, but resting tremor often is absent (8,9). In addition, the response to levodopa and carbidopa (Madopar, Sinemet) is not nearly as robust as in Parkinson's disease (8,9).

Patients with diffuse Lewy body disease also typically have prominent symptoms of autonomic parkinsonism (10) (ie, symptoms of Shy-Drager syndrome) and, most important, orthostatic hypotension and constipation. Differences between Parkinson's disease and diffuse Lewy body disease are summarized in table 2. Patients with a transitional form of diffuse Lewy body disease (with clinical and pathologic features intermediate between these two extremes) were reported by Kosaka and associates (2) and occasionally are seen in clinical practice.

Table 2. Comparison of features of Parkinson's disease and diffuse Lewy body disease
Parkinson's disease Diffuse Lewy body disease

Midbrain Lewy bodies Cortical Lewy bodies

Executive dementia sometimes occurs late in illness Cortical dementia always occurs early in illness

Resting tremor usually present Resting tremor usually absent

Autonomic dysfunction sometimes seen Autonomic dysfunction very prominent

Robust response to levodopa and carbidopa (Madopar, Sinemet) Marginal response to levodopa and carbidopa

Hallucinations only in response to antiparkinsonian drugs Hallucinations common in absence of antiparkinsonian drugs

Psychotic symptoms are much more common in diffuse Lewy body disease than in Alzheimer's disease and occur in about 80% of patients (8,11). These symptoms also occur much earlier in the course of the illness (11). Purely visual hallucinations are by far the most common psychotic symptoms (8,11) and usually feature people or animals. Most important and perhaps surprisingly, these hallucinations often are not particularly distressing to the patient (12), although the patient's family may be concerned.

These psychotic symptoms are generally well tolerated by patients, which is fortunate because most patients with diffuse Lewy body disease experience severe adverse reactions if treated with antipsychotic agents. Severe akinesia, dystonias, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome are common reactions to even very low doses of the older, typical antipsychotics (13,14); life span is halved in patients treated with these drugs (13). Furthermore, treatment with these antipsychotic agents doubles the rate of cognitive decline (15). In fact, an unexpected severe reaction to antipsychotics in an older patient should raise strong suspicion of diffuse Lewy body disease. Patients may tolerate low doses of atypical antipsychotic agents, although risperidone (Risperdal) often is not tolerated (14).

Other common symptoms include unexplained loss of consciousness and falls (1) (probably related in part, but not completely, to parkinsonism and orthostasis), occasional myoclonic jerks (9), and rapid eye movement (REM) behavior disorder, which is characterized by abnormal motor activity during REM sleep.

Management
Management of diffuse Lewy body disease is similar to that of Alzheimer's disease and includes accurate diagnosis, caregiver education and support, management of behavioral problems, and vigilance for intercurrent illness. However, diffuse Lewy body disease has a number of issues specific to it. First and foremost, patients with this disorder probably should never be given typical antipsychotic agents. This sensitivity should be considered tantamount to an allergy, and the patient's family and other caregivers (informal or professional) should be aware of this.

Because the hallucinations often are not troublesome to the patient, the best initial management often is caregiver education and benign neglect. Improving visual acuity and environmental lighting and increasing the number of people in the environment (eg, not living alone, participating in day care programs) also may be helpful for some patients. Truly problematic psychotic symptoms may be treated with low doses of atypical antipsychotics (16), such as quetiapine fumarate (Seroquel), 6.25 to 50 mg/day, or olanzapine (Zyprexa), 1.25 to 5 mg/day. The psychotic symptoms usually do not completely abate with treatment, but the patient's emotional and behavioral reactions improve. Again, risperidone generally is not well tolerated (14).

Parkinsonian symptoms in diffuse Lewy body disease generally respond modestly at best to levodopa and carbidopa or to dopamine agonists (8,9); a trial may be reasonable if symptoms are disabling, but the treating physician needs to bear in mind that these agents can exacerbate visual hallucinations. Anticholinergic agents (eg, benztropine mesylate [Cogentin], trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride [Artane, Trihexy]) should be strictly avoided because they invariably lead to increased confusion and hallucinations. Generally, assistive devices and attention to environmental safety seem more useful than medication for these symptoms.

Orthostatic hypotension often is a major problem in diffuse Lewy body disease and is certainly responsible for many falls. Important interventions to minimize the risk of fall-related injuries include vigorous hydration, ample dietary sodium, exercise, avoidance of prolonged bed rest, efforts to stand up slowly, and discontinuation of medications that contribute to orthostasis. Of course, assistive and protective devices and attention to environmental safety are essential as well. Occasionally, medications such as fludrocortisone acetate (Florinef) or midodrine hydrochloride (ProAmatine) may be helpful, but they usually are not necessary. Constipation also is a common problem in diffuse Lewy body disease. Discontinuation of constipating medications and improvement of basic bowel hygiene (eg, with exercise, dietary fiber, adequate hydration) are essential, and stool softeners or laxatives often are needed.

There is no specific treatment for the dementia associated with diffuse Lewy body disease. Cholinesterase inhibitors (eg, donepezil hydrochloride [Aricept], rivastigmine tartrate [Exelon], galantamine hydrobromide [Reminyl]) are as effective as they are in Alzheimer's disease (17,18). However, many patients do not respond to these drugs, and the effect in patients who do respond may not be clinically meaningful.

Patients with dementia are at greatly increased risk for superimposed delirium from intercurrent infection, injury, or an adverse drug reaction (19). In diffuse Lewy body disease, the differential diagnostic considerations also include idiopathic pseudodelirium. In a sense, pseudodelirium is a condition that "cries wolf"; a diagnostic workup is still necessary for any abrupt increase in confusion (3).

REM behavior disorder usually is diagnosed after a patient's bed partner reports excessive motor activity--or even violent behavior--during sleep. This motor activity is associated with REM sleep, and the patient often describes it in the context of a dream (eg, making grabbing movements in response to a dream about falling out of a tree). REM behavior disorder responds well to clonazepam (Klonopin), 0.25 to 1 mg at bedtime (20), although ataxia and morning sedation often limit its use.

Summary
It is an ageless principle in medicine that physicians cannot diagnose and treat an illness they do not recognize. In the past two decades, we have come to recognize the classic clinical picture of diffuse Lewy body disease. Once primary care physicians understand this challenging disorder, they are in an ideal position to identify and manage it. As with many dementing illnesses and other medical conditions, diffuse Lewy body disease is not curable, but much can be done to improve the quality of life of patients and their family.

References
Beck BJ. Neuropsychiatric manifestations of diffuse Lewy body disease. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 1995;8(3):189-96
Kosaka K, Yoshimura M, Ikeda K, et al. Diffuse type of Lewy body disease: progressive dementia with abundant cortical Lewy bodies and senile changes of varying degree--a new disease? Clin Neuropathol 1984;3(5):185-92
Kalra S, Bergeron C, Lang AE. Lewy body disease and dementia: a review. Arch Intern Med 1996;156(5):487-93
Weiner MF, Risser RC, Cullum CM, et al. Alzheimer's disease and its Lewy body variant: a clinical analysis of postmortem verified cases. Am J Psychiatry 1996;153(10):1269-73
Dickson DW. Neuropathology of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Clin Geriatr Med 2001;17(2):209-28
Olichney JM, Galasko D, Salmon DP, et al. Cognitive decline is faster in Lewy body variant than in Alzheimer's disease. Neurology 1998;51(2):351-7
Lopez OL, Wisniewski S, Hamilton RL, et al. Predictors of progression in patients with AD and Lewy bodies. Neurology 2000;54(9):1774-9
Gómez-Tortosa E, Ingraham AO, Irizarry MC, et al. Dementia with Lewy bodies. J Am Geriatr Soc 1998;46(11):1449-58
Louis ED, Klatka LA, Liu Y, et al. Comparison of extrapyramidal features in 31 pathologically confirmed cases of diffuse Lewy body disease and 34 pathologically confirmed cases of Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1997;48(2):376-80
Larner AJ, Mathias CJ, Rossor MN. Autonomic failure preceding dementia with Lewy bodies. J Neurol 2000;247(3):229-31
Ballard C, Holmes C, McKeith I, et al. Psychiatric morbidity in dementia with Lewy bodies: a prospective clinical and neuropathological comparative study with Alzheimer's disease. Am J Psychiatry 1999;156(7):1039-45
McKeith IG. Spectrum of Parkinson's disease, Parkinson's dementia, and Lewy body dementia. Neurol Clin 2000;18(4):865-902
McKeith I, Fairbairn A, Perry R, et al. Neuroleptic sensitivity in patients with senile dementia of Lewy body type. BMJ 1992;305(6855):673-8
Ballard C, Grace J, McKeith I, et al. Neuroleptic sensitivity in dementia with Lewy bodies and Alzheimer's disease. Lancet 1998;351(9108):1032-3
McShane R, Keene J, Gedling K, et al. Do neuroleptic drugs hasten cognitive decline in dementia? Prospective study with necropsy follow up. BMJ 1997;314(7076):266-70
Knopman DS. An overview of common non-Alzheimer dementias. Clin Geriatr Med 2001;17(2):281-301
Shea C, MacKnight C, Rockwood K. Donepezil for treatment of dementia with Lewy bodies: a case series of nine patients. Int Psychogeriatr 1998;10(3):229-38
McKeith I, Del Ser T, Spano P, et al. Efficacy of rivastigmine in dementia with Lewy bodies: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled international study. Lancet 2000;356(9247):2031-6
Francis J. Delirium in older patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 1992;40(8):829-38
Schenck CH, Hurwitz TD, Mahowald MW. REM sleep behaviour disorder: an update on a series of 96 patients and a review of the world literature. J Sleep Res 1993;2(4):224-31
Dr Stewart is professor of psychiatry, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, and chief, geropsychiatry section, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, Florida. Correspondence: Jonathan T. Stewart, MD, Psychiatry Service (116A), Bay Pines VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL 33744. E-mail: jonathan.stewart@....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Thanks for the paper. As I don't have your level of knowledge there is a lot for me to try to understand there. Its also difficult as I do not live with my parents so I can't be 100% accurate about the development of the symptoms. As I have said in previous posts I am astounded that 4 -5 weeks ago my mother had little or no dementia.

I am visiting her daily and if anything she is getting worse. The doctor dealing with her is away until next Tuesday so her care has been deputised to a member of his team. My father & I have many questions for him on his return.

Regarding the infections, thats one thing I do know. The doctors have taken two sets of urine & blood samples and even at one point prescribed an antibiotic course 'just to be sure'. She has also had scans to look for infections of the pancreas and other organs which I can't recall.

Thanks again

Mike

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:43 am
I know this is very hard on you and your Dad, the not knowing is scary, as far as the level of knowledge I didn't always have it either, the day my Husband was Dx'ed with LBD I never even heard of it!
Just know something triggered the decline, even sudden change can do it, remember she is in an unfamilar surroundings and I am sure she is bewildered too! I am glad that next Tuesday she will be seen by her own Doctor, keep us posted on the going's on, we all care here!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 am

Post Reply to Mike England
Dear Mike,

It's strange to be talking to someone you don't know, but we are all here have something in common-that dreadful disease of LBD. My husband has been suffering with it for six years now, and his behavior resembles your Mom's, especially at the beginning. He was very aggressive at the hospital and had to be restrained! I could hardly believe it. The drs. did diagnose it all right, (even though we did go later to a University hospital in Grenoble, as we live in France) but no one did or said anything to let me or the family know about what they found. So I have been living "in the dark" for a long while. He was in a medical home for 2 years after another attack, but is now at home where I am the principal care giver.

The one medication which brings back his lucidity is called Exelon, right now twice a day. The difference in the morning before he takes it-He is like a zombie with all the symptoms of Parkinson's and no brain at all-and after when he is really quite fine is amazing. You forget that he's got LBD. So we live with that, and of course maybe things will get worse when I hope he can be prescribed with one more Exelon at noon.

If he didn't have the Exelon, I don't know how I could manage. I have read articles on this medication and also Aricept, which acts the same, and they say that they are not sure of the results, but I know that it does work in his case.

Have you asked about this particular product? The people on this web site are most helpful, not like the medical professional with whom I have had to consult. Do make sure you push them for advice on care and local associations for help. Dinny Wolff

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:36 pm

I've had my mom with me for 15 months now since she fell and watched her slowly deteriorate, even though she's been to regular check ups and I've told her doctor all of her syptoms.
He finally suggested a neurologist because her hallucinations are SO overwhleming and even tried her on Exelon which did aleviate the hallucinations a bit. He had her on a low dose to try it out so I'm praying that a bit larger dose will be more effective.
For over a month now I've been just a few steps from trying to find a nursing home but she did not prepare for her older years and I am a single mom and cannot afford to place her anywhere.

She has not one, not two, not three but every single solitary symptom on the list for this disease. I am so desperate for help that I'M getting depressed. :(
I have a small network of family that does what they can to help me but for the most part, I am very much alone in this whole thing.
I have to work full time and she sometimes is alone for several hours a day and I am constantly worried she will fall, or pass out or something while I am not here.
My children are taking it much better than I thought but they still feel the strain as I don't have as much time to spend with them because I'm always taking care of nanny when I'm not working.
I love my Mom but I am getting to the critical stage and wearing down fast.
Please, pray for us that tomorrow when we see the neurologist, she will finally get the right diagnosis and the strangers in my home will go away and stop bothering her all of the time, that she will be able to walk again, make it to the bathroom, dress herself sometimes, remember things or even anything that will give us some hope for her comfort.
She had the CT scan two weeks ago and I'm praying that they will put everything together and help us.

Thank you for reading this.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:27 pm
Welcome to the Lewy Body Forums, I am assuming that since you landed here you are thinking LBD, this is a hard disease to DX and I hope that the Neuro appointment will be useful, I Know it has to be a hard thing to take care of your Mom and work and be a single parent on top of it, you must be exhausted! If in the event she does have LBD and you choose to keep her in your home I would suggest you look in your local telephone book under elder care( Blue Pages) and start with a having someone come in to evaluate the living situation and depending on your Mother's income she could be entitled to some care in the home, another place would be to call the Alzheimers Association and ask for a referral, they are great and they will work with you, alot will depend on your Mother's age and income and each state has their own guidelines but you will have to find the resources in your area, if I can be of any help to you please just ask.
I wish you well at the doctor appointment and please come back and let us know the finding! :) all of us here knows just what you are going through and care!

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:06 pm

Post Update
Well after being in hospital for over a month now and being prescribed new drugs my mother is no better at all. I am begining to have the horrific thought that she will never 'come back'.

I find it hard to understand how someone could slip into dementia so quickly.

The latest approach has been to reduce her PD drugs Madopar &
Propananol which she has been on for many years. So far...nothing

Thanks to everyone for the help & support

M

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:16 am
I am so sorry to read your post, I know it has to be hard on all involved and you maybe right , she may never come home, did I send you the info about all the Neuroleptic drugs that can be so harmful to someone who has LBD, if I didn't please let me know and I will send it to you! Is it possible that some of these drugs could have been used at some point!
I can only 9imagine how hard this is for the family but if she isn't getting any better think how hard it would be to care for her at home, if her care in round the clock who would do that and to get outside help that really is expensive to do. Please keep us posted here we do care about one of our own!
:(

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]