View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 lewy body and diffusue lewy body 

Post lewy body and diffusue lewy body
Please forgive if this information is posted someplace where I should have found it, but my mother received her DLBD dx yesterday. Ist there a difference in LBD and DLBD? IF so, what are the differences?

Also, I read that life expectancy is from 2 to 20 years with the average being 7 to 10 from diagnosis, but wouldn't my mother's age play into this some way? She is 88 and 3 years ago she was diagnosed with AD, and about one year ago, it was switched to NPH. We are very comfortable with this dianosis. It addresses all her symptoms. Her heart and blood are great. She wants to eat only junk food and sweets. She has lost a lot of weight in the past year. She lives in our home, and I would like to have some idea of what we can expect as the disease progresses. I particularly would like to know what we should do and avoid doing. Are there any other Internet resources for this disease?

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:27 pm
I believe they are both one and the same, I looked this up on another site and this is what I Found:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lewy Body Disease is comprised of a spectrum of diseases involving an array of dementia and motor symptoms. It is commonly referred to as:

Lewy Body Disease
Lewy Body dementia
dementia with Lewy Bodies
diffuse Lewy Body Disease
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I understand your frustration with wanting to know what to expect but that can't really be predicted, I always believed that the course of the disease was from 5-7 yrs but I believe my Husband had it at least 9 yrs, I really don't think age is a factor, My Husband was only 66 yrs old when he died and that meant he started when he was 57 yrs old.
I hope this helped some, Come back again and ask what you need to and someone will try to give you some answers! :)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]