View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New issues 

Post New issues
Mom fell at the AL on December 29th. The hospital discovered that she also had pneumonia and kept her to cure the pneumonia.
The next day, I went with the flu, to be sure that her medicine was correct. Somehow, they had combined her medicine with another person. They gave her Risperidone and Methadone Intesol which were not her medicines. They gave her triple her dose of primidone.

She began to hallucinate constantly and suddenly could no longer stand by Monday morning. She has not recovered and is now in rehab at a wonderful nursing home in our area.

ON Monday, of this week, the physical therapist took her in a wheel chair to therapy. They worked on strengthening her arms and even had her standing and sort of shuffling walking with assist. She has been unable to stand or walk since then and complains of pain. The pain moves. One day it is her knees, another it is her feet and today it is her hip.

Do you have any suggestions for me? I know that I must deal with the error at the hospital, but at the moment, I am more concerned about mom and what all of this means.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Post Re: New issues
I think this is one of those things you are going to have to take one day at a time. Medication issues are so real for people with LBD. I am so sorry that this happened to your Mom and I hope she is able to have the will to pull herself back to where she was prior to the fall and illness but if not this wiill become her new normal sadly ! It is sad as no matter what is done to the hospital responsible for this it won't change the facts for your Mom !

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]