View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hives/rash/swelling down one side of body-NOT on medication 

Post Hives/rash/swelling down one side of body-NOT on medication
Hi All,

My father has slipped into another episode of not being able to stand, walk, talk, eat ... just sleeps. It started Wednesday night and he's slowly coming out of it now. I've just learned that in addition to those symptoms he also gets a rash/hives down one side of his body, including facial swelling on the same side. It sounds like an allergic reaction but the only pills he takes are aspirin and vitamins. His caregiver did not give him Benadryl in fear that he would react badly to it.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 am

Post Re: Hives/rash/swelling down one side of body-NOT on medicat
This makes me think of Shingles, which has nothing to do with Lewy Body. Could you question about that?

Also, Shay, some can tolerate the Benedryl. Mr Bobby could. It was a blessing. Of course, as with anything else, use caution. Low dosage and slow to continue until you know.

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:24 am

Ah, I hadn't thought of shingles! The family doctor has been contacted and suspects something else is going on as well and will get blood and urine tests done ASAP. Thank you!!!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:43 am

Why does everything needing medical help always happen on the week-end? Keep us posted.

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:42 pm

No kidding, Dorthea! Will let you know how he makes out - thanks again!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]