View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 what causes the fluctuating symptoms? 

Post Re: what causes the fluctuating symptoms?
Yup. It took Mom's Seroquel more than a month to kick in, but it did and things got a bit better.

Talk about fluctuating symptoms. Mom just blew me away on Sunday. She was incredibly alert, cheerful and really seemed to be comfortable with her surroundings. This after a very challenging Saturday. I'd expected her to sleep all through Sunday. I took advantage of it and we watched "Holiday Inn" together and had a truly good time. it was her decision to stay at the nursing home and watch the movie. When I asked her whether she wanted to go out or not, and explained that it was the Sunday before Christmas and everything would be crowded, she made the decision to stay in.

Then, yesterday, the pendulum went the other way and she was back to barely responsive, though she still is sitting up most of each day. I so wish last Sunday had been Christmas Day and we had a "with it" Mom just for the holiday. I know it is too much to hope for to have a repeat Sunday, but it would be oh so nice!

Days like last Sunday are such rare blessings. I wish others in the family had been there to experience it.

Kate

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 am

Hold onto to those positive times, especially as the road ahead gets rockier. You can make that good day into Christmas in your own head Kate, and don't worry about what happens on Dec. 25th. What happens, happens, and you know you had at least that one very good day. Best wishes, Lynn

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 am

Lynn, she hasn't seen her doctor since this period of depression began. She has had depression off and on since this whole thing started, but since it has come and gone like everything else, sometimes very quickly, the doctor was reluctant to give her anything. This time, however, I think I WILL make an appointment because it has been more severe and doesn't show signs of letting up as it usually does. I say make an appointment, because as long as she's able to leave the ALF she prefers going to her regular doctor (as do I) rather than using the doctor at the facility.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3