View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 We're on hospice 

Post We're on hospice
We just went through a hospice reevaluation. My MIL went on hospice two years ago after she began to experience tonic-clonic seizures. After we got that under control, she began to improve and rose to a new baseline. Hospice released her after six months. She had been maintaining baseline for a while, but recently has begun a steady decline. The circulation in her extremities is extremely poor, her BP drops dramatically when she stands even though she is on two different meds to keep it stable. She sleeps a lot and entirely on her left side unless I turn her, so she is at risk for sores. She cannot do anything without prompting. Hate to see this decline, but glad for some relief from hospice. We will continue to keep her at home with us, since we have a wonderful caregiver who comes while we are at work. Wish us luck.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 am

Post Re: We're on hospice
Glad to hear that you are receiving hospice's help again. Are you using the same agency as before?

OH (orthostatic hypotension) is one of the most disabling symptoms in PD and some atypical parkinsonism disorders. It can really destroy quality of life.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Post Re: We're on hospice
My thoughts are with you, Donna. I certainly hope that Hospice adds comfort to this very difficult time.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]