View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 When is a trip to the emergency room warranted? 

Post Re: When is a trip to the emergency room warranted?
OHSU's Alzheimer's Disease Center is part of a national consortium of NIH-designated AD centers that share information - one thing they do is share autopsy findings, and make more information available to researchers who are putting together groups of centers to improve our ability to understand less common problems. So it is very likely indeed that anything your neurologist learns will be shared not just with his colleague, but potentially with some of the top people around the country who are trying to work together to solve problems.

We are not at that stage yet - my mom is, despite her advanced age, pretty well preserved, and responding well to treatment. But I know that I would be delighted and honored if there were a way to help learn something from what she is going through, to make life better for others in the future. Your family is so good to think of this, at a very difficult time in your lives -

Laurel

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2