View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Does LBD cause higher suceptibility to heat exhaustion? 

Post Re: Does LBD cause higher suceptibility to heat exhaustion?
I bought my mother an ice vest and the day it arrived (unbeknownst to her), she started complaining bitterly of being cold, even though nothing changed--the outdoor temps were still around 90 degrees during the day! The ice vest has been sitting at the SNF and the nurses have been waiting to see if she complains of the heat again. I told my sister it was pretty amazing that the vest worked without my mother even knowing about it, let alone wearing it! LOL! But seriously, I wonder if her thermoregulation is now out of whack in a different direction. Seems very strange.

Julianne

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:33 am

what is the brand name of the product?

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 am

Flexi Freeze. I found it on Amazon.com.

Julianne

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am

The brand we bought is StaCool.

We brought it to the golf course in the flat grocery tote bag meant to keep frozen foods from thawing on the way home. Coy put it on when he arrived. I'd say it worked about 3 to 3.5 hours.

When his volunteer pulled the cart up to my car, Coy got out like a man tired from playing golf, not like a melting chocolate bar that had to be scooped into the passenger seat. In other words, big improvement over past two weeks. He was pleased with it and said the others in his foursome were envious.

I'm so glad he has this for the remaining golf sessions, and I think it will be great for our community fair and also the Great Minnesota Get Together (aka the state fair).

I think the other benefit of this item is that it lets Coy know we take his discomfort seriously and that there are lots of people on his side in trying to improve things for him.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3