View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 early predictive signs / personality disorders 

Post Re: early predictive signs / personality disorders
Emanuel,
Thanks for posting the picture of you and your father. Even though your father has a personality disorder you will soon be able to see the difference the LBD causes. His delusions will more than likely start to make sense. I am having trouble putting words to what I am thinking.(as usual) For example, my mother thought my father was having an affair. Dad was dead! So I guess what I am trying to say is the truth will be more clear to you than when you were a child with a father with a personality disorder. My mother would rage and be very dramatic! She got nicer with the LBD and forgot she was mad at the world! I do know and understand deeply the silver lining! I dont know if you are spiritual or believe in telepathic communication but I felt very strongly that my mother and I were able to communicate in this way! This was near the end.....
Your journey with your father will be very healing! I am so glad for you.
Sharon E.

Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Post Re: early predictive signs / personality disorders
Emanuel,

"Pathological lying" certainly fits with an FTD diagnosis.

I have huge sympathy for FTD caregivers. I was at an FTD conference at UCSF several years ago. I sat next to a woman whose husband with FTD threw their 2-year-old baby into their swimming pool, and laughed and laughed. He thought it was the funniest thing. Thereafter, she obtained conservatorship and had him placed in a care facility. This was about a year or so after he spent all of their money on various online purchases. Very sad.

Robin

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2