View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 swallowing issues: How do they start? 

Post Re: swallowing issues: How do they start?
Sher I'm so happy for you that the swallowing issue improved! Enjoy every moment you can in this journey. You are right, there aren't a lot of bright spots but there are some. Bright spots I've had along the way: enjoying my mother's grace and beauty in the face of this adversity. Some things are just bigger than we are and Mom accepted all of our help with happiness. Another bright spot - Mom lost memory of many things but throughout it all she absolutely knew each of her children. Another bright spot - people came into our lives helping with Mom's care that we never would have known and who changed our lives in a positive way forever. The best bright spot- seeing my mother's radiant smile when she was teasing us (we couldn't understand a word she was saying but that smile let us know she was pulling our leg)! Another bright spot was when we bought a Hoyer Lift and put my sister Ellen in it to try to figure out how to use it. She was swinging around in it, legs every which way and we were belly-laughing until we cried. But probably the best bright spot was knowing for certain that Mom knew how loved she was. So you are right - there aren't a lot of bright spots over the years but they are definitely there. Thank you for reminding me of that. It felt good to think about them!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4