View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Loss of my Mom 

Post Loss of my Mom
I just wanted to take a moment and let all of you know how much help and comfort it was to be able to read your stories and understand this disease. I could never had managed the last year and a half as a full time care giver without all of you. My Mom passed away on July 16, I had Hospice for the last three weeks before she passed. I can't say enough good about Hospice, what an amazing group of people I met. I watched my Mom go though every stage of this disease, the stages of Lewy as posted by nuero guy were pretty much exact to what I watched her go through. The last and final stage for my Mom was skin breakdown. Which I learned from Hospice were called Kennedy terminal ulcers. It's one thing to read about the stages but a whole other thing to watch them. I am so grateful my Mom has been set free from this cruel disease, she was 84 years old. Thanks again to all of you, for all your knowledge and kind understanding you give to us. Cheri

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Post Re: Loss of my Mom
Cheri,
I join you in relief that your mom is free from the struggle but am very sad about your loss.
Robin

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Cheri, my deepest sympathy for you and your family as well as shared relief that it is over for your mother. God bless you for the caring and comfort you provided her.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Cheri, Sorry to read about your mom, but as others have said, she's at peace now and will never suffer again. Take care of yourself.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Cheri,
My condolences to you and your family for your loss, Just know your Mother is finally at peace !

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Cheri,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. I lost my dad on July 13, so I know some of what you're going through. I hope your mom's passing was peaceful and I too had a great experience with hospice.

Peace and healing,

Amanda

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Cheri - I hope you have lots of wonderful memories of your mom to help you throught a difficult time. Lynn

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Yes I have a lifetime of wonderful memories of my Mom. She was always my best friend, a very fun outgoing lady who played volleyball until she was 70 years old. My Mom and Dad had six children, 22 grandchildren, and 19 great grandchildren and Mom made each one of us feel special. That is why I am so blessed to have found this websight, I was able to keep my Mom home with us the whole time. On the days and nights the caregiving was so difficult I always found the courage to continue, just reading all of your stories. As a caregiver I know you always have to seperate the disease from the person, and some days that is very hard. But I always knew and loved my Mom, even when I couldn't find her in that body a lot of the last year. I only gave my Mom what she gave to us all her life, which was unconditional love. Thank you all for helping me complete this journey. Cheri

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Dear Cheri,Amanda, Nancy and others that have lost love ones,
I'm so sorry that those you love are gone. Now that long diffecult journey is over and you can start to see them the way they were. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Laurie

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Cheri - So sorry for you on the loss of your mother but happy for her that she no longer suffers from LBD and is finally at peace. What a wonderful daughter you are to care for your mother to the end.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:32 am

Amanda - Sincere condolences on the loss of your father. Thank goodness he is no longer suffering and is resting in peace. Take care of yourself.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:34 am

Amanda,
Condolences on the loss of your Dad! He is now set free and no longer suffers with this disease.
Take care!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Cheri, My condolences on the loss of your mom. She sounds like quite a woman and you and she were very lucky in your relationship. Please keep writing!

Kate

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 am

Amanda, I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. I'm glad that, at the last, his passing was peaceful.

Kate

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]