View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 know a good psychiatrist or nuerologist in Portland Oregon? 

Post know a good psychiatrist or nuerologist in Portland Oregon?
My dad has yet to be diagnosed but we are almost certain it's LBD. One neurologist I called refused to assess anyone over 85! My dad is 91 and he's had this for at least four years, I think. I worry about his depression and hallucinations and would like to get him assessed and try some of the meds others have mentioned here.

thanks so much for any suggestions!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 pm

There must be someone good at the Oregon Health & Science University. I've seen Matt Brodsky, MD, an OHSU neurologist, on a webinar on Parkinson's Disease. He seemed pretty good.

Someone who lives in Lakeport, CA drives up to OHSU and see Dr. John Nutt there. He's in neurology.

One person near Portland I arranged for brain donation for has LBD. I'll send that family an email, asking if they can recommend a particular MD.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Post Re: know a good psychiatrist or nuerologist in Portland Oreg
My mom sees Dr. Quinn at OHSU. He diagnosed her LBD. She's only seen him twice, so it's hard for me to evaluate how good he is yet, but he was very personable and seemed knowledgable and compassionate. He's ridiculously hard to get into, though. He's booked months in advance, and even her "3-month" follow-up visit had to be a "6-month" instead because there was nothing available for six months!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]