View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 dad can finally rest 

Post dad can finally rest
Wasn't really sure where to post this, but wanted to write a quick note. My father, Michael Pursley, passed away on May 15th. He was dianosed with PD and Lewy at the age of 41. He would have been 56 on the May the 29th. He fought the disease for 15years; Lewy took over the last 6 or 7... He donated his brain to Mayo. The staff at the nursing home and doctors did just as we asked in preparing dad after he passed to be ready for donation. It was a blessing it went so well! My mother and I were so thankful and surprised it went as smoothly as it did. I wanted to thank Robin on here for helping us awhile back getting in contact with all the people and everything to be ready for the brain donation. Myself, my mother, and my father appreciates it dearly... He hoped this would help spread some new light on this horrible disease, and help be closer to finding a cure. I am working on a presentation on lbd to hopefully one day go around to nursing homes, etc and speak upon it. I know you all understand that most people really have no idea what lbd is; if they do they know very little about it, or how to treat and care for people with this disease. I pray that there will be a day no one has to see the face of this disease. God Bless you all...

Nathan Pursley

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Please except my condolences on your's and your Mother's loss, your Dad was so young it really saddens me to read this but I know he no longer suffers the chains of LBD. Thank you for gift to help others down the road!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post Condolences
I'm sorry to hear your father's story and your loss. Thank you and your mother both for going the extra mile in caring for him and helping him make the greatest donation possible. Blessings on you as you prepare to continue spreading the word to care givers. A beautiful tribute to your young dad.

Dorthea

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice" When I joined in 2007 this is the way Mr B. introduced me to the people only he knew,he added "You need to listen to her" he was 89 then, death due to Lewy Body Dementia/pneumonia in 2009.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:26 pm

My condolences to you and your mother Robin. You two made sure your dad had good quality of life until the end. Thanks for making arrangements in advance for the brain donation; this is a very generous gift from your family to the entire community.
Best wishes,
Robin

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:55 pm

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. What a tragedy for such a young man as your father [and for all of you] to endure for so long! God bless you and give you strength and courage in your quest to inform.
----------------------------------------
Pat [64] married to Derek [80] for 34 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably
began 2002-2003; Stage 3 or 4, depending. I am his caregiver at home.
---------------------------------------

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Nathan, This disease has no age requirements, your dad was so young. My thoughts are with you and your mom, this will be such a void in your lives, but Micheal's struggle is over. Take care of yourselves and know you did everything possible to make your dad's life the best it could be.

Fondly, Gerry

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:07 am

Nathan - my condolensces as well. Your plans to educate others about LBD will help many people in getting better care, I'm sure. It's amazing how many people don't know about this horrible disease.
Take care of yourself as you heal from your loss. Lynn

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]