View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Our journey's over 

My Mom's Journey has come to a new point. She is with the Lord! She is at her finaly destination, Praise God! She went peacefuly, in her sleep. THank you all for all your help and incouragement and Prayers! You have all been a great help to us! I will let you know when I hear back from the Harvard Brain research.
I will keep you all in my Prayers.
Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Tammy - I am sure you are both sad about her loss and relieved that she is no longer in any mental or physical pain. I send you all my best wishes and condolences. You have been there through a very, very difficult part of your mom's life and done such a great job as caregiver.
I'm sending you a big hug today. Keep in touch when you have a moment. Lynn

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Praise the Lord, Tammy! We are but strangers and pilgrims here on earth. So glad she is finally 'home'. God bless you for being such a dedicated caregiver to your mother. Hope you'll stay on the forum.
"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" I Corinth. 15:55.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 pm

My condolences on your loss.
Robin

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Tammy, When I read that someone's LO has passed away, I am sad for their loss but know they will no longer have LBD controlling their life. I love the song by Carrie Underwood, "Temporary Home", that's where we spend our life until the journey is over and we are called home. My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Post post subject
Oh Tammy, My heart is breaking for you. You are a wonerful daughter. God bless you and your family.
Mary

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Tammy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you for taking care of your mom. I continue to take care of my mom and feel blessed to have this time with her, although it's such a roller coaster, physically and mentally. Praise God that she went so peacefully in her sleep. Mom (and I) prays she'll go that way too. I try to be ready for this time, but just as you're probably finding out, you can never truly be "ready" and I can only imagine how you will miss her.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile YIM

Over the weekend, I went back and read so much of your story. I had tears in my eyes for much of it. You are a great daughter and amazing person. Making your Mom coffee was so touching, I had to even tell my husband! I would give my Dad anything he asked for, he'd probably want some good red wine if he were able to speak.

I wish you so much strength in dealing with your grief. It sounds like you are very strong and your Mom must be so proud of you. I hope you will find happiness and comfort soon.

Hugs,
Jill

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2