View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Curled up 

Post Curled up
My dad has not walked several months. He is curled up (almost fetal) with his legs to the side. He gets physical therapy 5 days a week and they stretch him out. They also do range of motion on the weekedns when no physical therapist is on staff.

But why is he all curled up? Can this be counteracted, or is the decline inevitable?

Thank you,
Leslie

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 pm

These may be joint contractures. Besides the good things you are already doing, you can consider: muscle relaxants, botox injections, and massage therapy.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 am

Thank you, Robin. I will try to secure these. (It is tricky contacting the core team of docs, as he is in the nursing home portion, not acute care, or sub acute care, so there aren't set daily rounds.) I may also be able to talk to the Physical therapist directly. I'll try to do that today -- before the weekend.
Thanks! Leslie

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]